How do I prepare my child for our visit?
- Tell your child they will be visiting a house.
- Give your child permission to talk with the interviewers.
- Tell your child it is a safe place to talk openly and honestly.
- Tell your child that the person they will talk to is someone who talks to kids every day.
- Try to remain calm.
- Tell your child you will be in another room during interview, and that you will the not be leaving the CAC.
- Consider bringing an item that comforts your child, for example a blanket or toy.
- Tell your child what to say.
- Promise treats or rewards to your child for talking.
- Try to answer questions that you don’t know.