The Family Advocacy Program provides services to non-offending caregivers of children interviewed at Voices Carry. A FamilyAdvocate will meet with the non-offending caregiver while their child is being interviewed.
Services provided by the Family Support Advocate include the following:
- A supportive, welcoming and child-friendly environment.
- Emotional Support.
- Crisis Intervention.
- Referrals for counseling or any other services needed (i.e. domestic violence shelters, parenting classes, restraining orders, housing, etc.).
- Information about victim rights and compensation.
- Information about the child protection and criminal justice systems.
- Education about age-appropriate sexual behavior.
- Follow-up support and help as needed.
For additional information and questions regarding family advocacy services, please contact Erin (Family Advocate) at email@example.com or Ana (Bilingual Family Advocate) at firstname.lastname@example.org.